Let us help you to tune your database and perform better
Oracle database environments can be very complex. Frequent checks of overall database help improve performance, reduce down time and help plan properly for the short term and long term goals. We can offer fixed price Oracle Health Check services that can provide you with a detailed overview of the state of your Oracle environments.
PlatingNum Park Consulting is the leader of Oracle performance tuning and we do specialize in Oracle performance tuning support. We know exactly how to quickly and reliably optimize any Oracle database, large or small.
At a high level, here are broad areas to perform health check
- OS Level – patches, kernel parameters, optimization
- I/O Analysis – Understand how your database is distributed across hard drives and impacting the performance.
- Network traffic analysis – Check for Network bottlenecks
- Backup and Recovery Strategy – Check if the backup strategy is still good with availability goals of the business. Plan for frequent restore tests.
- Security – Check for recent security patches and updates
- Logs, traces, Cores – Check for back ground processes errors before they become major problems.
- Performance check – A quick check of log switches to understand peak hours (writes) and top SQL’s to understand most impacting SQL’s, Hit ratios, fragmentations, Waits, contentions, Table scans, etc.
- Oracle parameters – check if those settings still make sense
- Advanced Configuration – check RAC, Replication, Standby Database
- Check Oracle performance indicators using performance stats reports.
Oracle tuning makes a huge difference in execution speed. Different powerful tuning techniques that can make PL/SQL run faster than ever before, our seasoned Oracle professionals can turbo-charge your database applications.
Service Offerings : Our respected Oracle tuning experts specialize in tuning large, high volume mission-critical databases at a very low cost considering you budget, without compromising the quality. We understand the current market where budget is a critical issue for any organization. So we help our client to get best services within their budget.
We have the highest standards in the Oracle industry, and our Oracle experts and the best of the best, Oracle certified experts and respected authors who do Oracle tuning for a living.
PlatingNum Park Consulting provides the following Oracle tuning services to their end clients
- Oracle server tuning
- Oracle RAC performance tuning
- Oracle SQL Tuning.
- Oracle Health Checks.
Here are some recent examples of our Tuning Work:
- Our client’s update report was taking in excess of 20 hours to run on a HP UX system with Oracle 10.2.0.3. The application Health Check showed AWR report that a single query within the report was making millions of I/O requests. By adding a new index the query reduced report execution time from 20 hours to 18 seconds.
- Client’s SAP BW/Oracle report used to take days to finish. We identified that the index on a driving table was a candidate for rebuilding. Since we couldn’t take users offline from system, we used Quest rebuilding tool to build index online with absolutely no downtime. An index rebuild dropped report time from days to 30 minutes.
- Client system was running fine but suddenly a piece of SQL which used to take seconds to finish started consuming more than an hour. A good technical analysis indicated SQL was using different path as a result of database statistics with no histograms. We enabled database stats using DBMS_STATS and added right histograms on system which dropped SQL execution time back to seconds.
For a free assessment of how Oracle Tuning can help your organisation please contact us
Frequently asked questions
Q: What are your credentials in database tuning?
A: We are in database consulting for a number of years and our increasing list of satisfied clients are our credentials. References are available on request.
Q: Can you provide customize tuning that meets our requirement?
A: Yes, We have expertise in custom solution.
Q: How can we maximize our client support without any more investment?
A: It requires a lot of expertise to configure the product and maximize the support. Our expert consultant can help you configure the product and provide continuous support.
Q: How efficient is your service?
A: We have a dedicated support team to provide 24 X 7 supports to our clients.
Q: Where are your support consultants physically based?
A: Our support consultants are spread across all major locations to help our clients
Q: Can you provide customize support to meet our business requirement?
A: Yes, we have a dedicated team of consultants who are having expertise in custom solutions. So they will understand your requirement and provide the best solution.
Q: What documentation can we expect?
A: All tasks are done with complete written document. We provide soft copy and also the hard copy to our clients. This helps our client to track any issues regarding our services and offerings.
Q: What are your payment terms?
A: We charge after work has been completed and verified by the client. Then you are in possession of our documentation and payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. The terms and conditions vary depending upon the type of services requested by you.
Q: What kind of quality can we expect?
A: Quality is our first priority. We understand our client’s business and offer them best practices in the industry.
Q: Do you provide warranties for the work done?
A: Yes, We provide warranty and it varies with the type of services. Our continuous support during warranty period is best in the industry and it is completely hassle free