- Learn Advanced techniques for managing Oracle RAC databases including configuration, development and performance tuning.
- Describe monitoring and diagnostic techniques using Oracle supplied tools including Enterprise Manager, AWR, ASH, ADDM and STATSPACK concentrating on the RAC specific features of these tools.
- Introduces database services and shows how to administer and use them.
- How software design techniques required to implement Transparent Application Failover.
- Investigate the Global Cache Service (GCS) that ensures that blocks are consistent between instances in a RAC database.
- Investigate the Global Enqueue Service (GES) that manages inter-instance locks
in a RAC environment.
- An understanding single-instance Oracle Database 10g architecture
- Familiarity with Oracle database management tools (OUI, DBCA, etc)
- Familiarity with basic networking topology
- No Course Material
Duration: 2 days
|Monitoring and Diagnostics:
|Handling Node and Instance Failure:
||Optimizing Global Cache Services: